As of right now if you want to search the questions about identifying a particular animal you can use the animal-identification to search for them.
However if you wanted to look up all of the questions about identifying fungi or trees or man-made objects in the wild or plants or scat you would have to use multiple tags.
This does not seem consistent to me or user friendly.
What I would like to propose is to create tags for each specific category in order to make it easier to search and to make the tags consistent.
Currently the naming convention is something-identification, I will leave it to another question to decide if that should be changed to the identify-this type of names.
Specifically I would like to create the following tags and apply them to the questions listed below,
- What are these fungi that I've found growing on a dead birch?
- What is this tree with shiny leaves and a fuzzy seed pod?
- What kind of tree produces these long multi-seed pods?
- What kind of tree produces these seed pods looking like spiky balls?
- Can anyone help with identifying this tree?
- What are these rusted metal objects found on a beach?
- What is this floating raft-like object in the waters of a reservoir in Massachusetts?
- Wooden (or natural) obstacles in "the wild" looking like horse-jump obstacles