Update on results:
- One posted to Scifi -> never got enough votes to work.
- One posted to Travel -> 1 click since March 6th maybe because it exceeded the filesize requirements and so was never actually shown to anyone on the site.
TLDR: Instead of bothering with ads, upvote good posts to get them onto the HNQ so we call pull in well over 5,000 views in a week.
Okay, since creating ads is something the community seems to think is worth doing, I am going to start a new question where we can post the suggested ads.
First, here are the rules.
All answers should be in the exact form of:
[![The Great Outdoors Stack Exchange]] : https://image-url : https://outdoors.stackexchange.com/
- The image that you create must be 300 x 250 pixels, or double that if high DPI.
- Must be hosted through our standard image uploader (imgur)
- Must be GIF or PNG
- No animated GIFs
- Absolute limit on file size of 150 KB
- If the background of the image is white or partially white, there must be a 1px border (2px if high DPI) surrounding it.
It will also take 6 upvotes on any of the site metas to get them up and running.
Now here is the format I would like us to follow.
Post the image so that the rest of the community can give feedback and up or down vote them.
Post the code to make it easy for other users to copy and paste them onto the other site metas to suggest them.
Once a post is suggested on another site, put the link to that meta post so that members of the community can go upvote it. This will also make it possible for us to keep track of how well the ads did and how well they were received.
Upvotes on ads on this meta won't get it posted, but I would suggest that if users here don't like an ad then the users on the other sites probably won't like it either.
I would also suggest not posting all of the ads to a single meta site.