We keep going round and round and round on this, and don't seem to be able to decide on what is, and what is not a shopping question.
I have split this into 5 parts so we can vote on each individually,
- What is a shopping question part 1 (Where can I buy X?)
- What is a shopping question part 2 (Does X exist?)
- What is a shopping question part 3 (What X should I buy?)
- What is a shopping question part 4 (What features should I look for in X?)
- What is a shopping question part 5 (How can I solve problem Y? Answer: You should buy X)
What I really want here, is to come to an agreement of what is and what is not a shopping question, so we can consistently apply the rules across the questions.
What I really want out of this is to be able to be consistent around here, and I do think that sometimes closing is detrimental to the site, for example, if this one had been closed, we would be out 20,000 + views and one great answer.