This one is straight from the list. What should our FAQ contain? Obviously the general items about how to ask/answer, be nice, etc. We need to decide what we need that will be unique to our site. This seems mostly to be a statement of general categories that are on- or off-topic, e.g.:
Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users.
If you have a question about …
- computer hardware
- computer software
and it is not about …
- videogames or consoles
- websites or web services like Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress
- electronic devices, media players, cell phones or smart phones, except insofar as they interface with your computer a shopping or buying recommendation
So we need to make this list. And is there anything else specific to our site that we'll need to add?
The Great Outdoors is for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
If your question is about...
- Camping and Backwoodsmanship
- Hiking, Mountaineering, and Climbing
- Fishing and Hunting
- First aid as it relates to other outdoor activities
- Watersports, including sailing and small boats
and it is not about...
- Medicine except the first aid described above
- Larger boats and yachts
...then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
If you are unsure whether your question is on-topic, feel free to ask on The Great Outdoors Meta.
Please continue adding feedback on the list, topics we should add to either list, ways to merge or generalize the existing items (it's a bit long, though probably not too long yet), etc.