I would like to discuss the scope of geocaching.
There are many sub-categories of questions belonging to geocaching category. Because there's a Geocaching proposal on Area51, it would be good to discuss the scope of geocaching questions on The Great Outdoors, to determine if the new site is needed, or it's fully a duplicate.
Would the following categories be on-topic here:
- camouflaging techniques and materials
- materials for building caches, logbooks, trackables etc.
- recommending which surroundings have many good caches in some region
- quiz solving for unknown caches
- cache protection
- geocaching etiquette (what to put into cache, how to log, when and where to create etc.)
- geocaching portals and their usage
- techniques of taking particular type of cache (deep hollow, hanging etc.)
- techniques of reaching particular type of cache location (river island, lone rock etc.)
- urbex issues (like avoiding/dealing with potentially aggresive clochards, asbestos inhalation riscs etc.)