Elected Former moderator on RPGSE: if you have any concerns, kudos, suggestions, questions, please find me in RPG General Chat.
Playing: the banjo, viola, or French horn, depending on the day
Running: Monster of the Week set in the Roland-verse (skipping around All-World, various Earth timelines, Delain, &c.); high school RPG group; and 5e port of ToEE for middle-schoolers.
Prepping: playbooks for an Age of Sail PbtA game
Current & Last 6 Books: Carey's Black Ice; Armstrong's Dime Store Magic; Carter's Wizards Presents: Races and Classes and Wizards Presents: Worlds and Monsters (finally?); am rereading the Dark Tower series and The Outsider and Cycle of the Werewolf and...; Hallam's The Domesday Book through Nine Centuries; Estes' ENDLESS QUEST Set 1 (the old TSR D&D CYOA books, but not the ones where you tracked stats in pencil--if you know what I'm talking about, please ping me in chat!)
Listening to: Dan Carlin's Common Sense, Hardcore History, and Hardcore History: Addendum; 538 Politics; Freakonomics Radio; In the Dark (serialized investigation); Left, Right, & Center; Oyez; NPR's Planet Money; Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History; Rachel Maddow; Strict Scrutiny; This American Life; Chris Hayes' Why Is This Happening?; and Marc Maron's WTF.
- Role-playing Games 96.8k 96.8k 2424 gold badges391391 silver badges516516 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Politics 300 300 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Area 51 259 259 66 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 242 242 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 211 Managing a Medieval Low Orbit Ion Cannon
- 166 Given powerful low-level Clerical healing, how can sick, crippled or otherwise unhealthy people exist?
- 140 What are the playable D&D races in 5e, and where can I find them?
- 115 Where do I find the "official" rules for D&D 5e?
- 111 Can you decide not to sneak into a room after seeing your roll?
- 109 How to work with a player who cites ADHD as reason for disruptive behavior
- 107 I'm stranded on an alien planet. How do I measure an earth year without a clock?
- View more network posts →