For the past 25 years I have been in several technical and leadership roles, working at network equipment vendors: Juniper Networks, Verivue (acquired by Akamai), and Lucent Technologies.
Technical interest keywords:
- Networking (core, edge, cloud, data center, service providers, enterprise, ...)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Networking Protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, OpenFlow, ...
- Juniper product portfolio (Junos, MX, PTX, QFX, EX, NFX, Contrail, ...)
- Virtualization (virtual machines, containers, AWS, docker, ...)
- Software architecture for large scale systems
- Large scale software development processes and project management
- Programming languages: C, C++, Erlang, Python, ...
- Quantum Computing
I am currently on an extended sabbatical, traveling to and hiking in the most remote corners of the world I can find. Follow along on my Flickr photo album (www.flickr.com/photos/brijsman/albums) and my travel blog (hikingandcoding.com).
While traveling, I continue to work on open source projects (e.g. RIFT) that I am passionate about and to study topics that I did not have time for before (e.g. Quantum Computing).
Top network posts
- 52 How do I concatenate two binaries in Erlang?
- 27 Read-the-docs build fails with "cannot import name 'PackageFinder' from 'pip._internal.index'"
- 25 Read-the-docs build fails with "cannot import name 'PackageFinder' from 'pip._internal.index'"
- 24 Link error when compiling gcc atomic operation in 32-bit mode
- 17 Link error when compiling gcc atomic operation in 32-bit mode
- 12 Linux: retrieve per-interface sent/received packet counters (ethernet, ipv4, ipv6)
- 11 Is it safe to issue blocking write() calls on the same TCP socket from multiple threads?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 21 '19