I'm a technician and Windows software developer who runs Ubuntu at home. My call sign is W7GH, and I go by Rob. I'm into digital modes, Morse code, contesting, and QRP; and also an avid bicyclist, an electronics tinkerer, a hiker, and a beginning guitarist.
If anybody is curious about my profile picture, I'd used the Identicon picture for some six years, and I figured it was time for a change. The picture is the Robert Crumb character "Mr. Natural". No, I'm not bald and I don't have a long white beard, nor am I an aging hippie (but I do love Grateful Dead music). I grew up in the seventies, and lots of people had T-shirts with Robert Crumb characters on them, which I thought were cool as a kid. Apparently I still do.
- Amateur Radio♦ 7.9k 7.9k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Bicycles 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Aviation 1.3k 1.3k 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 689 689 88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 175 175 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 38 What is the purpose of classifying fighters?
- 26 What are the main improvements with road bikes in the last 23 years that the rider would notice?
- 26 How to pass another bicycle in a bike lane
- 19 Is it legal for a non-profit to use ham radios for emergency purposes?
- 15 Why do passenger jet manufacturers design their planes with stall prevention systems?
- 14 Why are Wullenweber CDAAs obsolete?
- 14 Tips for improving commute efficiency/comfort?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.