Back in 1989, I had a friend in the Boy Scouts who encouraged me and a bunch of friends to go camping. Few years later, in 1991, I discovered rock climbing and whitewater kayaking. Sadly, I never did manage to keep kayaking, nor did I ever own a kayak (nor have I lived near a decent river or lake).
I still camp on seldom occasions. And I have been able to keep climbing now and then. Due to some lack of discipline (and being prone to adopting new hobbies), I've never really been good at it though.
I've climbed a few 5.10b's (YDS) maybe stretching up to 5.10d; but for practical purposes, I'm quite the beginner as far as climbing skills go.
Member for 6 years, 7 months
4 profile views
Last seen May 21 at 22:19
- Role-playing Games 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Photography 844 844 88 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 577 577 66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Arqade 391 391 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 39 How can I tell if my Wii Remote is counterfeit? (with pics)
- 24 Protection from rain - running vs. walking
- 24 Are D&D PDFs sold in multiple versions of different quality?
- 23 What can I do with a retired rope and harness?
- 22 How to safely mark a rope
- 17 How to show search results for all open buffers
- 17 How to let players feel the "power of belief"?
- View more network posts →