I live and breath in Banff National Park in the Canadian rockies, where I hike, camp, ski (downhill, x-country, touring), snowshoe, scramble and play.
I've camped in the winter in -40c, I've travelled across glaciers and mountain passes both solo and in groups, I enjoy solo camping in the backcountry, and I spent seven years in the military.
My favourite moments are being in the middle of nowhere, with nobody around me, in the middle of the night under a sheet of stars, listening to nothing other than the ringing in my ears.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jun 9 '16 at 5:58
- The Great Outdoors 6.1k 6.1k 1414 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.5k 1.5k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- User Experience 233 233 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 213 213 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Webmasters 212 212 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 107 set option "selected" attribute from dynamic created option
- 36 First time camping, need advice
- 24 Handling feminine hygiene on multiple-month treks?
- 22 How to get started skiing?
- 21 Is it safe to use a motorcycle helmet instead of a skiing helmet for skiing?
- 17 Walking through a Thigh-high snow
- 17 Where should a band be tied to stop bleeding from wound?
- View more network posts →