During my adult life I have spent more nights outdoors than in.
I have served as an outdoor guide, educator, conservationist, researcher, crew leader and enthusiast from the bear-chomps of Alaska to the rock-falls of canyon country.
Currently working at a remote research station deep in the rain forest of Borneo studying primate ecology.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Member for 8 years, 11 months
7 profile views
Last seen Jun 29 '16 at 14:05
Top network posts
- 74 Which will keep my food colder longer, draining the melted ice water, or leaving it in the cooler?
- 57 Does eating snow help dehydration?
- 37 If I'm caught in lightning above tree-line, what should I do?
- 36 Tent and sleeping bag: pack inside or strap outside a backpack?
- 35 How can I hike across the Grand Canyon if I don't have a backcountry permit?
- 33 Does hiking with a dog in bear country increase or decrease your risk of a bear encounter?
- 33 Practicality of Beards
- View more network posts →